Your Nav Bar Here

7/13/2010

Because I'm Lazy...

I guess I'm never going to have the energy to actually post pictures from the wedding, and tell the whole story, you can go here, enter the password (it's "2010") and look at our photographer's photos of our wedding weekend.  She did an incredible job.  You can also go here and see our family and friends' pics from the weekend.



The only thing I can say is this: I want to go back and do it all over again.  And again, and again, and again, because it was the most fun I've ever had.  The resort was kick-ass, the food was amazing, the drinks were plentiful (I drank more mojitos than I care to even count!), and having our family and close friends there was the icing on the cake.  Or the lime in the tequila.

Speaking of tequila, I don't think I'll be having any for a long time - blame the wedding-night-after-party-at-the-tequila-bar.  Where Tonya may or may not have had 7 shots of tequila.  In a 2-hour time frame.  Then possibly ate her 3am room service club sandwich while laying with her head against the mattress.  And to top it off, she might have fallen asleep in the tub, waking who-knows-how-long later to cold water and pruny fingers.  But this is all hearsay.  It probably didn't happen.

Anyway...the cocktail party the night before the wedding was fantastic, with great food, a real, live donkey, and a mariachi band.  The wedding day was perfect (and hot! if you can't tell from the pictures of my fading hair and makeup), the ceremony was short and sweet, and the reception was great fun with good food and dancing and drinking.  Everyone had SUCH a wonderful time.

All our guests left by Sunday afternoon, and D.H. and I had a fabulous week together doing absolutely nothing.  Laying on the beach or by the pool.  Reading.  Napping.  Eating (so much eating!).  It was heavenly.  Absolutely the best time, EVER.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

That is one of my favorite parts of Eddie Izzard's standup. Hilarious! Wish I could have been there, but then who would have taken you to and from the airport. Someone had to do it. You look beautiful.