Your Nav Bar Here

7/22/2010

Taco Night!

Okay, I have no pictures, and I have only approximate measurements (I rarely measure things when I cook...it's a terrible downfall when you want to share recipes), but I made two things on taco night that turned out Ah-mazing, without even meaning to.  So, without further ado:

Smashed Black Beans
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed, and roughly smashed
2 tbsp sour cream
Juice from 1/2 lime (maybe 1-2 tsp?)

Combine these ingredients and mix, mix mix, then add, to taste: cumin powder, onion powder, chili powder (I used Mexican chili powder, but any will do), salt and pepper.  Mix, mix, mix again.  Top with your favorite shredded cheese (mine is Colby-Jack) and microwave for about 3 minutes.  They are deeeelicious and creamy.



Best Guacamole
1 ripe avocado, smashed
1 tbsp prepared salsa
1 tbsp sour cream
1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp red onion, chopped fine
Salt and pepper, to taste

Combine all ingredients, adjusting to your own personal taste.  Even my guacamole-and-avocado-in-general-hating hubby said, "this is the best guacamole, ever!"

Also - I highly recommend the tortillas you can buy at Costco that you cook yourself.  Fresh tortillas are the best.  You can find them in the freezer section.  Mmmm...I think I'll go cook one up right now.

No comments: