Your Nav Bar Here

12/04/2008

If it's dark outside it's too early to be awake.

What is it about 2:30am that makes my body think it's time to wake up?  For the past couple of weeks I've been having this problem: I wake up at 2:30-ish and can NOT go back to sleep.  Sure, I'll lay there for two or three hours, willing sleep to come back to me.  I'll get up and use the restroom because maybe that will fix it.  I turn on one side.  Then onto my belly.  Then onto the other side.  I push the covers off.  I turn back to the first side.  I pull the covers back on.  I lay on my back.  Meanwhile I've looked at the clock about 75 times.  Then I finally decide to get out of bed, but don't have anything to do.  What do you do at 5 am if you're not sleeping?

I guess you update your blog.  

Thanksgiving was lovely.  I had to stay home because I was on-call for work, but I made myself a little turkey dinner, complete with stuffing, rolls (from scratch!  for the first time!), cranberry sauce (also from scratch-delish), and gravy.  I put up my Christmas tree and got some stuff done around the house, and I only got called into work once.  It was a good day.  

Yesterday was my birthday, which was also lovely.  At work I got donuts and the girls took me to lunch.  I also took myself out for a pedicure, and mom and dad bought me a ladder and a crock-pot.  (You know you're old and lame when you're that excited for a ladder.)  I'm now 27 years old, which for some reason seems old to me.  Logically, I know it isn't old.  I realize I'm still a baby, but it feels old.  Probably because I still feel like I'm 17 and just playing at all this work/house/grown-up life.  This week I also put Christmas lights up on my house, which was an exciting adventure - climbing around on the roof like a monkey.  My neighbor was a little nervous for me, I think.  She kept coming out to check on me.  :)  She's cute.  

3 comments:

jaesi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
Funny you mentioned donuts....
I acutally have a reason to eat them today (YW) and I have been looking foward to it for A LONG while.

Kaysie Lee said...

The ladder! Ha! I got Jeff a ladder two years ago. He loves it. All time favorite gift.

Kristi said...

Happy belated birthday! Too funny about the ladder! Hope it was amazing.